Monday, September 17, 2007

Anime Rating Update

Quite some time back, I had a post on anime which I had been following . . . and with most of the series coming to a close soon, I've decided to release my top 3 picks.

Claymore

One of the more highly rated anime of the season, Claymore has a pretty decent storyline with some good action scenes thrown into the mix and backed by appropriate music tracks. People have been complaining that the deviations of the anime from the manga have been unbearable, but not having read the manga yet, I've enjoyed the show thus far.

Darker than BLACK

An underrated show
together with Seirei, Darker than BLACK is more of a mystery/drama type of anime rather than action, even though there are action scenes almost every other episode. With an interesting storyline and few hints as to how the story would eventually end, it has been an interesting watch. (Read more about it under Anime Synopsis)

Seirei no Moribito

Guardian of the Spirit, or Seirei no Moribito, is a tale of a female bodyguard being tasked to protect the Prince of the New Yogo Empire, who has the egg of a Water Spirit placed in him. A drama type anime with good quality animation for almost every episode, nice music as well as interesting storyline. Also, when action scenes are included, they're usually pretty awesome and not as exaggerated as certain other shows *cough* Bleach *cough* Here's a little snippet of my favorite scene from Episode 3 which impressed me in the way it was handled in the anime :



Also deserving of special mention for originality of sorts is Dennou Coil, which fuses elements of advanced computer technology and virtual stuff together with the real world.

Dennou Coil

Other shows which I've enjoyed are Hayate no Gotoku!, Seto no Hanayome! and Romeo X Juliet, but I would place those marginally below the few mentioned above. Of course, if I were in the mood for a light-hearted comedy, the former two would be good bets.

1 Comments:

  • so good arrrr got time to watch so much anime. my friend recommended me "monster" ! not tt im like one (>.<) but cos it is a psychological thriller. haha. u wld like it i think. why u dont come on msn !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home